Monday, May 3, 2010







WOW - what a busy weekend we had. You know my weekend starts Thursday afternoon and this one started with a trip to Wal-Mart for Milk Bones and Chewies. You don't want to be out of Milk Bones and Chewies with our 5 dogs - you get no rest. Friday morning I worked on Steve's office getting pictures and certificates in frames. About noon went to pick up dog food then to Super 1 Foods. Penny calls me while I am checking out at Super 1 and continues to talk to me while I'm loading groceries into the trunk. I slam the trunk shut, while still talking to her on the phone and just as I do I remember the keys that I left in the trunk - has anybody else ever done that? Well, Steve was working out of town this day and was on his way home but still an hour or so from home. I had all my groceries in trunk with the keys and it is about to storm at any minute. I called my neighbor Louise first and she wasn't home then about that time I received a text from Danny, Jr. - there's my ride! Of course he came to my rescue and I was so greatful for the rescue but worn out from all of the mental stress that I personally went through - HA! Saturday morning Miss Hailey arrived about 7:00 to spend the weekend with us. Hailey and I went to pick up Jackson then we all went to Wal-Mart then to The Bee Hive (since Miss Hailey said she had never been there). I don't know how many people reading my blog have ever been shopping at really busy stores with 2 - almost 10 year olds ? This is where I thought I had set my cellphone down somewhere in The Bee Hive but we finally got back to the car where I found I had left in inside. By that time Steve had started calling and I had 3 missed calls. Jackson's mom had started calling Steve worried about us. We were all safe, just having a fun time. We all watched the Kentucky Derby (each picked a horse and Hailey's pick came in 4th) Steve cooked for us Saturday night and then fixed us all a Saturday night special - fresh Louisiana Strawberries, ice cream and chocolate sprinkles. We all went to church Sunday morning where we had flowers in the church in memory of Bo's birthday, he would have been 26 Sunday. After church we came home and changed clothes. Jackson and Hailey played with the water hose (pictures above). They had so much fun - then we changed clothes again - HA! Don't we all remember those days when our parents allowed us to get as wet as we could on those warm Louisiana days.

No comments:

Post a Comment